New Student Enrollment Information
We’d like to welcome our new Hanover family members and tell you that we’re glad you’re here! To help facilitate a smooth enrollment for you and your student(s) please refer to the registration requirements below. PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION ONLY APPLIES TO STUDENTS WHO ARE NEW TO THE DISTRICT. Returning students will need to register online August 1 through 5. You will receive full instructions via our annual summer newsletter in the mail, as well as here on our website. We look forward to a great 2016-2017 school year and a smooth enrollment process.
1. Please complete the online, new student registration packet through InfoSnap using the following link, http://www.hanover.k12.in.us/newstudent. You may click directly on the link or cut and paste the web address into your browser. Please complete this packet prior to attending new student registration at the applicable school(s). You can find the dates for new student registration to the right under the “Announcements” section.
2. Proof of Residency: Contact Holly Jones at 374-3506, prior to August 2, 2016 for an appointment. Enrollees must legally reside within the Hanover Community School boundaries. Proof of Residency documents must include the name of the parent or legal guardian and their current address within the Hanover school district. These documents are to be presented the day of your residency appointment. Acceptable documents include:
3. Child’s legal (not hospital) birth certificate
5. In the case of a divorce or separation, a copy of the most recent custody documents
6. If families are in the process of moving into the school district, a letter from the real estate agent or builder is required showing the upcoming date of residency.
Textbook rental fees can be paid the day of new student registration. Payment can be made my cash or personal check.
Deborah Snedden has been the Principal at Jane Ball Elementary School since the beginning of the 2013-2014 academic year. Mrs. Snedden is a native of Crete, Illinois with a special tie to Cedar Lake. Her husband, Mark Snedden, is a former Hanover alumni. They are the parents of a blended family of seven and currently reside in Crown Point.
Prior to becoming the Principal of Jane Ball, Mrs. Snedden served as the Curriculum Director at Hammond Academy of Science and Technology, following fifteen years of teaching in the Crown Point schools. She is a graduate of Crete-Monee High School with a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Purdue Calumet and a Master’s in Educational Administration from Ball State. Mrs. Snedden has been a presenter at professional development workshops and has worked with the Education Department at Purdue Calumet to bring STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) learning to life at Jane Ball.
As she walks through the halls of Jane Ball the students smile and high five’s are the norm rather than the exception. “I’m here to make sure these kids are 21st century learners. What they’ll need to know to succeed in life starts right here,” said Snedden. “I have a passion for collaborating with students, teachers and parents.”
August 1-5 – Returning Students
Grades K-12 – Online Registration
August 2- New To District Only
Jane Ball & Lincoln Elementary
8:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
August 4 – ALL RETURNING STUDENTS
Forms and computers will be available for all students (all 4 schools) returning to the Hanover Community School District at the Middle School 1:00-3:00 p.m. and 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Hanover Central Middle School
The Hanover Central Athletic Department will host an informational meeting on Tuesday, August 16th at 6:30 pm in the Hanover Central High School cafeteria for all parents/athletes interested in competing in 5th grade volleyball or 5th/6th/7th/8th grade soccer this fall. This meeting will cover the season schedule and information required by the Catholic Youth Organization.