Preparing your student’s Chromebook for long term storage
Following these steps will help to avoid charging or battery related issues when the Chromebooks are put back into service.
Best practice prior to long term storage:
- Charge your Chromebooks so that the battery is at least 80% full.
- Connect the device to a charger and turn it on.
- Hold the Refresh button and Power button at the same time.
- While holding these keys, remove the power cable from the device and then release the keys. The device should shut down and remain off.
- Attempt to power the unit on using the power button. If the unit does not power on, you have completed the steps and can safely store the system. If the unit powers on, you should repeat steps 2 thru 4.